A Systematic & Collaborative Approach to Designing & Building a Passive House
When: Thursday, March 24, 2016 starting at 9am
Where: 16 3rd Place, Brooklyn, NY (map)
With over 8 townhouses in NYC targeting Passive House (5 that are in NYC Landmark protected districts, 1 that is already certified, and 1 that is also LEED Platinum), Baxt Ingui Architects has been collaborating with a number of builders and Passive House experts within the community to develop a repeatable system for successfully completing a passive townhouse.
The theory has been that with a proven, repeatable process, the line between a well-built house and a passive house will be minimized or disappear altogether both in design and price.
These discussions will be held at a construction site that has hit a .25 ACH50 and is targeting Passive House and Net Zero. Details, material specifications, vendors and tips will be shared.
Attendance is free! Feel free to attend all of the sessions or just a few.
• 9:00 AM – Proven Performance Passive House Air Tightness Systems Coming Together – Thermal bridging preliminary blower door tests at .25 at ACH50.
Presented by: Kevin Brennan of the Passive House Academy (PHA)
• 10:30 AM – Thermal Bridging and Insulation in a Passive House
Presented by: Kevin Brennan of PHA and Cramer Silkworth of Baukraft Engineering
• 12:00 PM – Heat Pump HW Heaters and other appliances that are Passive House compatible
Presented by: Cramer Silkworth
• BREAK FOR LUNCH – Lunch will be provided
• 1:30 PM – ERV Install benefits
Presented by: John Rockwell of Zehnder
• 2:30 PM – LED Lighting and Passive House
Presented by: Jordan Podwai of RAB Lighting
• 3:30 PM – Passive House Windows
Presented by: Andy Huh and Sam McAfee of Fentrend
• 4:30 PM – Passive House as a Path to Net Zero and Solar in General
Presented by: Gaelen McKee of Brooklyn Solar Works
• 6:00 PM – The Design Benefits and Amenities of Passive House
Presented by: Michael Ingui of Baxt Ingui Architects
RSVP at New York Passive House